Thursday, April 16, 2009

El Número Mágico.

Good afternoon, folks. I hope all is well with you and yours. I know it's been a minute since I last wrote but I've been quite busy with procrastinating, kicking rocks, playing shuffleboard, work, traveling and moving - but now I'm back (for now). It's good to be back and furthermore, it's good to have something to discuss.

An interesting question was posed to me today and it prompted to stop and immediately take notice. The question at hand was: does the number of sexual partners you or your partner have had in your past matter in a relationship? After pondering about it for a moment twenty seconds, my answer is this - hell yes, it matters.

While I don't think you should go and ask questions you KNOW you don't want to know the answer to, I feel if the number somehow comes up and it's a number you may not be comfortable with, it will definitely be a factor in your relationship. In my book o' dating, I'm not so concerned about my girl being the virgin Mary - I just don't want her to be Mary Magdalene.

It's not a death knell by any means but I might give her the side eye if she's had more partners than a multilingual law firm.



Think about it - let's say you're shopping for a used car. Which are you more likely to buy: the one with 1,000 miles on it or the one with 100,000 on it? While you may encounter problems with both, the one with the less amount of wear and tear is the one I'd pick.

Personally, I like to use the law of 2.5 in my fornequations™ (yes, I just made that word up). For every year you've been active, you should be allowed 2.5 partners. For example, Johnny lost his virginity at 16 and he is now 32.

16 X 2.5 = 40 partners

If you're trumping those averages, I might start thinking of you as the smiling girl in those Valtrex commercials.


Your love might not cost a thing, yet your libido might cost you a relationship but that's just my two cents.

I'd like to know your thoughts... get at me.

- Mr. Smart Guy.
Related Posts with Thumbnails