Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Redeem Your Coupons.



Hello, everyone. I know it's been awhile since I wrote but I am back on the scene once again. I hope you all enjoyed Gregg Calumet's blog about his first time... (for the record, he is not my alter-ego - my 1st time was the one of the best seven minutes I've ever had - yes, I kept track of the time!). But anyway, back to the blog at hand.

While I was on the road, I began to recollect a conversation with a friend about relationships and our lackluster track records of success in them. I began to ponder the thought of trying to procure the "perfect" companion. That is almost impossible to find. So many people are trying to do the same thing - I compare to the experience of shopping. Folks are trying to find that right fit for them, the thing that makes everyone say "that is so you".

Think about it. How many times have you walked into a store; looking for something specific, only to find something better? It's like it was sitting there, waiting for you to pick it up. Have you ever had something and put it back, only to find out it was gone when you came back to get it? You know, see something nice and try it on; possibly carry it around like it's yours already. All of a sudden, you begin to talk yourself into believing that it won't look right on you when you get it home and ultimately refrain from buying it. I'm very guilty of this (and I periodically kick myself for not taking care of that purchase when I had the opportunity).



A lot of the time, we do the same things in relationships. We tend to go after the unattainable (you know, when you're a 16 squeezing into a 6)
or

the safe thing (this was 25% off) where we try to force ourselves into situations that we don't belong in.

You see it all the time you're quiet and reserved, she's the "life of the party" extrovert. You are extra trendy, and he prefers white T's, jogging pants and Timberlands. You are aggressive
and he is aloof.

You end up finding flaws in every little thing; lamenting your decisions the entire time.

Things like:

"Why did I choose her? She can braid her nose hairs..."

"Damn, he's done already?!! When we first started, we could go for hours..."

"What is that smell? Did something die in you? A woman that fine should not emit odors like that!!!"



It is truly eye-opening.

One must realize that while these things can be turn-offs, you shouldn't just try and replace the product (or person) with another product. If you go backward, you might end up with the same tired results --- and if you go forward, you might encounter even harsher side effects. You should be determined to get the most out of what you have without considering that there might be something else out there that is better for you.

Next time, when you're out shopping... remember that if it's available, there may be a reason behind that. Make sure you leave no hanger empty, no aisle uncombed and no tag checked out. It's not an easy task to do this - but we all know it's hard out here for a pimp, especially this one...

Use plastic over the paper... shop safely!

- Jorge
Related Posts with Thumbnails