Thursday, May 13, 2010

tuned in thursday: where i wanna be.

I said I left my baby girl a message
Sayin' I won't be coming home
I'd rather be alone
She doesn't fully understand me
That I'd rather leave than to cheat
If she gives me some time
I can be the man she needs
But there's a lot of lust inside of me
And we've been together since our teenage years
I really don't mean to hurt her, but I need some time
To be alone

[Chorus 1]
But when you love someone
You just don't treat them bad
Oh, how I feel so sad
Now that I wanna leave
She's crying her heart to me
How could you let this be?
I just need time to see
Where I wanna be
Where I wanna be...

Sweet little dee-do-dee-dee...
I don't mean to hurt you, baby, oh, no, no...

[Verse 2]
Never did I imagine
That you would play a major part
In a decision that's so hard
Do I leave, do I stay, do I go?
I think about my life and what matters to me the most
Girl, the love that we share is real
But in time your heart will heal
I'm not saying I'm gone
But I have to find what life is like
Without you

[Chorus 1]

Sweet little dee-do-dee-dee...
I don't mean to hurt you, baby

[Chorus 2 x3]
See when you love someone
You just don't treat them bad
Oh, how I feel so sad
Now that I wanna leave
She's crying her heart to me
How could you let this be?
And I just need time to see
Where I wanna be

Where I wanna be...




Dear Donell, 


In analyzing these lyrics, it seems as if you had the best intent when you serenaded your soon-to-be former partner about your current state of mind within your relationship. You stated (via a message) that in order for your relationship to truly work, you needed to break up and see what was out there while solo to get your  mind for the future.


Real honorable, Donnie Boy! 
Queue the Arnold Jackson face.


whatchutalkinboutwillis?


Let's really decipher what you REALLY meant:


I said I left my baby girl a message/Sayin' I won't be coming home/I'd rather be alone
Fool, did you send a text to break-up? Real talk, you ain't 'bout to be solo. C'mon son.

She doesn't fully understand me/That I'd rather leave than to cheat
Smooth move, D. Break up so it seems like you really don't want to leave so that it'll create an opening for you to get right back in!

If she gives me some time/I can be the man she needs/But there's a lot of lust inside of me/And we've been together since our teenage years
This is a code for I NEED SOME NEW BOOTY. 

I really don't mean to hurt her, but I need some time/To be alone
Again. Who you think you foolin'?


In a nutshell, you'd like to pursue other opportunities. 

In Coming to America, I believe it was referred to as "sowing the Royal Oats".



I understand what you're trying to do here and I admire your moxie. Truth be told, no sane woman who has her head on straight will fall for this nonsense unless you are doing very well at blowing out her spinal area she wants to truly believe you are coming back. 

Chances are she probably will take you back if you decide to come back after you spread more seeds than a botanical garden; especially if she's up around the danger zone (28 and up and still single/childless). 

Even if she does decide to go another route, she's going to be so torn up after being with you so long, she's going to probably end up dating someone who is nowhere near her worth because you've damaged her so badly. After that fails, it's going to take a real man (like myself) to work through that additional hurt and love her unconditionally. 

Yeah, it works out for her but damn, you're making it hard for the rest of us.

You should probably follow the advice of the poster below:

Please believe it's the best thing for all of us.

Sincerely,
Mr. Smart Guy

OK, folks - has what Donell sung about ever happened to you? Have you ever felt like him?
Let me know your thoughts....


Related Posts with Thumbnails