Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Milk Sold Separately.

What's up, folks?

Hope is well with you. I just wanted to share the views I had about a conversation I had recently.

The other day, one of my good friends and called for dating advice and I felt obliged to assist her in these affairs of the heart. It seems as if she is interested in a young man and things have been going well between the two of them. They have been dating for a few weeks now and this gentleman seems to have all of his teeth, no felonies on his record and no visible signs of some tragic venereal disease - all in all, a real keeper.

With all this chemistry starting to build between the two of them, she wanted to see how soon was TOO SOON for them to get know each other like Adam & Eve, no leaves. I politely explained to her that in that situation, it's different strokes for different folks (no pun intended).

Some believe that you should wait until you jump over the broom to get to that bedroom boom. Others believe that love has no limitations and that if you're feeling it, just get to it.

I can understand both stances but as a virile, yet old-fashioned gentleman - I tend to fall in the middle.

I'm not rude; if the cake is offered to me right away, I'm gonna eat it.
Am I gonna savor the flavor of it? Am I going to appreciate the time it took you to make the cake extra delicious? Maybe. But there's a chance, I might just look at it for what it is: cake.

On the other side; I might get famished while waiting.
You're telling me I have to give all this delicious pastry surrounding and hope that your delectable moistness is going to satiate my hunger? Chances are most won't have that willpower.

My overall belief as a man (and moreover a hungry, hungry hippo) is that you have to eat real food first (i.e. discussions about life, what flavor Kool-Aid goes best with spaghetti, politics and musical selections, etc) before you can enjoy that dessert of the cookie, lest you end up being unsettled in the long run.

Booker T. Washington once said: "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."

Real talk: I'm not going to know how far we can fly if I'm always grounded between your thighs.

Let me know if I'm off-base. How long do/would you wait to consummate?

That's my time.
Related Posts with Thumbnails